About Weblio Philippines, Inc.
Weblio Philippines, Inc., aims to expand mankind’s possibilities. As a company, we envision to maximize the potential of individuals and organizations and contribute to learning and growth. Through our businesses, we aim to fulfill our mission and vision as #OneWeblio.
Our Eikaiwa business focuses on delivering quality lessons to our Japanese customers with our roster of home-based tutors.
Our Dispatch business handles fulfilling quality lessons to our business partners through the help of our current pool of highly qualified home-based tutors.
- Licensed CPA is preferred but not necessary
- Candidates must possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy
- 3 – 4 years of experience in Accounting
- Required skill(s): can multitask, can be flexible
- Must have an advanced expertise in the following fields: Bookkeeping, Tax Filing, and Internal Auditing
- Preferably advanced expertise in Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Must be at least intermediate in the following: Credit and Collection, Sales Invoicing, Petty Cash Custodianship, Financial Statement Preparation, and Cost Accounting
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office especially Excel functions is a plus
- Must know how to use Quickbooks or Xero
- Must be willing to learn and be trained
- Open to new challenges or changes
- Amenable to work on a 9:00-18:00 default work schedule
- Must be willing to work in Makati City on a schedule basis and as needed
For Covid-19 precautionary measures, we are currently working from home.
- Internet Plan must be DSL or Fibr
- Download speed must be 5 MBPs and above
- Pro-actively propose and execute new initiatives in order to achieve the department’s goals and the company’s mission
- Deal with accounting tasks including salary calculation, tax calculation as well as their filing
- Use XERO to manage and keep accounting status
- Go out to make payments and settle taxes if necessary
- Organize files and documents related to accounting tasks
- Do bank reconciliation periodically
- Calculate consignment fee every month
- Make and update “Best Practice/s” to help the Company
- Conduct regular, corporate, and special lessons, if necessary
- Do other related duties as assigned
- Must have an advanced Excel skills
- Must have analytical skills and can suggest improvements
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary package ranges from 23k to 26k
- Paid sick leaves and vacation leaves
- 13th month pay, paid overtime, paid Philippine holidays
- Government mandated benefits: SSS, Philhealth, PAGIBIG
- Bi-annual performance assessment for rate increase and bonus
- Monthly internet allowance and company-issued laptop while working from home
Got questions? Check out our FAQs page.